support for parents - roles and responsibilities
The parents play a key role in preparing their
child’s diabetes management at school.
Their role consists
- Contacting the school principal to discuss his or her child’s special needs related to diabetes.
- Reading the intervention protocol
- Transmitting to the nurse the documents necessary for the application of the protocol.
- Providing emergency kits
- Forwarding the blood glucose logbook on a daily basis
- Notifying the school of any changes that may affect the child’s health.
For a complete list of roles and responsibilities, see the School-Based Intervention Protocol for Students with Type 1 Diabetes.
Laws concerning the return to school during a pandemic in Quebec, consult the Government of Quebec website Government of Quebec website.
To better prepare your child to return to school, it starts with you! Visit the Red Cross website.
To view and/or replay the Back to School webinar, visit this link
Role of parents at school