support for parents - roles and responsibilities
He or she may play an important role in managing his condition while he/she’s at school.
Depending on his age and degree of autonomy, the child should:
- Recognizing the signs of hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia
- Promptly inform a staff member in case of unusual symptoms
- Have the necessary equipment nearby
- Gradually take charge of your diabetes management according to the intervention plan.
- Follow the procedure on how to dispose of biomedical material
- Do not share snacks, lunches or drinks.
- Notify parents when missing items in an emergency kit need to be replaced.
For a complete list of roles and responsibilities, see the School-Based Intervention Protocol for Students with Type 1 Diabetes.
Role of the child at school