Great news for our families!
RAMQ now supports the Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring System for people with type 1 diabetes in Quebec, starting at age two.
To qualify for coverage, the following eligibility requirements must be met:
- To be eligible for coverage by the public plan health insurance
- And, meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Failure to achieve patient-appropriate glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c) despite optimal disease management, or
- Frequent episodes of hypoglycemia in the past year despite adherence to a treatment plan, or
- Inability to recognize or report symptoms of hypoglycemia.
This is the first continuous blood glucose meter that is covered by the RAMQ, for children, in Quebec. Until then, only the FreeStyle Libre was covered by public health insurance plan for people aged 18 and over with type 1 diabetes.